Plan Your Trip from Sagrada Familia to Park Guell
As a pioneer of modernist architecture in Barcelona, Antoni Gaudi's contribution to the city is immeasurable. Of his many creations, Park Guell and Sagrada Familia are considered to be his most important works. If you are in Barcelona, these two iconic masterpieces are a must-visit.
Opt for a combo ticket so you can explore Park Guell and Sagrada Familia on the same day. Your trip starts at the La Sagrada Familia, Antoni Gaudi’s most famous work. Admire the finer details of the cathedral's facades and explore the glass-stained windows and vaulted ceilings of the unfinished church. Then head on to Park Guell, where you can admire Gaudi's trademark mosaics.
Here is all you need to know to plan a trip to both Park Guell & Sagrada Familia in one day.
Sagrada Familia to Park Guell Tour in a Nutshell
- Park Guell to Sagrada distance: 2.5 km
- Travel duration: 10 minutes drive/ 30 minute walk
- Best time to visit Park Guell: Mornings (between 9 AM to 11 AM) is considered the best time to visit Park Guell.
- Best time to visit Sagrada Familia: If you wish to avoid crowds, the best time to visit the church is on a Monday at 9 AM. However, the Golden Hours is a great time to truly enjoy exploring the marvelous church.
- Starting price for guided tours: Starts at €79.
Combo Tour of Sagrada Familia and Park Guell
Why Visit Sagrada Familia and Park Guell ?
Due to the close proximity of the two landmarks, many prefer to visit both the attractions on the same day.
What is Park Guell?
Originally designed to be a housing development, inspired by the English garden city movement, Park Guell is today a public park. Right from the dramatic entryway featuring a dragon made out of mosaic, there is a lot to be awestruck by at Park Guell. In 1984, UNESCO declared the park a World Heritage Site.
Address: 08024 Barcelona, Spain
Opening Hours: 9 AM– 7:30 PM
What is Sagrada Familia?
This unfinished Roman-Catholic minor basilica is the most visited monument in Spain. This masterpiece by Gaudi is an architectural marvel characterized by its tall towers, intricate facades, stained glass windows, and the motifs of nature that appear all around.
Address: C. de Mallorca, 401, 08013 Barcelona, Spain
Opening Hours: 9 AM – 6 PM
Note: The tour takes place daily. Time slots are available throughout the day. Choose a date and time based on your convenience.
Your Park Guell & Sagrada Familia Combo Tour Explained
- Explore two of Barcelona’s iconic attractions — Park Guell and Sagrada Familia — with this combo ticket.
- Enjoy skip-the-line access to both attractions.
- Have an expert guide (English, French, Spanish and bilingual options available), who will fill you in on the historic and cultural significance of the two landmarks, accompany you.
*Guests must arrange for transport between the two locations.
Park Guell & Sagrada Familia Tour Itinerary
First Stop: Sagrada Familia.
Avoid long lines with skip-the-line entry. Enter the unfinished church along with a local guide, who will share insider stories and anecdotes about Gaudí, his work, and the ambitious project of Sagrada Familia.
Lunch Break: After completing the tour of Sagrada Familia you will be allowed some time during which you can do as you please. You can have lunch from any nearby restaurants or simply explore the nearby area.
Last Stop: After lunch, you will head to Gaudí’s enchanting wonderland: Park Güell. Skip the long lines and explore the vibrant world created by Gaudi. Your expert guide will fill you in about how this wondrous park came to existence and about the eccentric character responsible for creating it.
Once your tour is over you can choose to stay in the park to relax and take in the forms, colors, and spectacular panoramic views of Barcelona and even explore this vibrant utopia at your own pace.
Getting to Park Guell from Sagrada Familia
Duration: 30 minutes
The metro journey requires you to change trains. From the Sagrada Famila station take the blue line L5 to Diagonal station. From there take a green link L3 to Vallcarca. From Vallcarca it’s a 12 minute walk to reach Park Guell.
Duration: 28 minutes.
Take the bus V19 from Psseig de Sant Joan, which is about a 6-minute walk away from Sagrada Familia. Alight at Ramiro de Maeztu - C N Catalunya, and from here a 2-minute walk will take you to Park Guell.
Which Method Should You Choose?
If on a budget: If you’re on a budget, take the metro. It is also one of the more convenient and faster options.
For a hassle-free trip, opt for a guided tour: The best way to explore these attractions would be by signing up for a guided tour. Avoid the hassle of having to figure out the logistics and simply explore these landmarks with a guide.
Which Is The Best Route to Reach Park Guell From Sagrada Familia?
The best route to take to reach Park Guell from Sagrada Familia is via the Barcelona Metro. It is pocket-friendly, convenient and one of the quickest ways to reach Park Guell.
Plan Your Trip from Sagrada Familia to Park Guell
The guided combo tours cost €79. So, you can set aside an approximate budget of €100 inclusive of snacks/beverages, shopping, transport to the meeting point etc.
- April - May - Mid 12°C to High 21°C. These two months are pretty pleasant to visit these landmarks as the temperatures are not too high, nor too low.
- June - Oct - Mid 16°C to High 30°C. It gets hot during these months, so make sure you carry sunscreen, cap and try to wrap up your tour during the morning hours.
- Nov-Mar - Mid 16°C to High 30°C. During these months, the weather gets slightly chilly, so make sure you’re packing warm layers along.
- Sartoria Panatieri: A fine-dine restaurant that offers farm-to-fork experience and woodfire pizzas.
- Güell Away: A fast food joint ideal for those who are looking for a quick cup of coffee, a small bite, or a takeaway.
- Totoro: A budget-friendly Japanese joint popular for sushi, grilled meat, and Japanese noodles.
- SOCO Gracia: Another fine-dine ideal for those looking for international classics and a great collection of wine.
- Public Toilets: there are multiple public toilets - at the entrances and inside the park.
- Accessibility: They have two wheelchairs at the park.You can access them by booking it in advance.
- Wi-Fi: Inside, you will have access to free Wi-Fi that allows you to only connect to the Park Guell’s app to access the audio guides.
- Gift & Bookshop: There’s a shop at the entrance, which sells souvenirs that feature Gaudi’s artwork.
- Storage Or Lockers: There are no storage rooms or lockers, so make sure you carry a small bag.
- Accessibility: All of the Basilica is accessible, except for the towers. The Basilica provides wheelchairs for users on request and it will be delivered at the entrance of the church.
- Gaudí Experiència: A museum to explore Antoni Gaudi’s art work through augmented reality and 4D technology.
- Mirador de Joan Sales: From here you can enjoy and soak in a picturesque and panoramic view of Barcelona.
- MUHBA Turó de la Rovira: A hill standing 262 meters above sea level, this tourist attraction offers a breathtaking 360-degree view.
- Balcons de Barcelona (Barcelona Balconies): Close to the Sagrada Familia, this large-scale mural painting was painted in 1992 as a part of the Olympic Games.
All Your Questions Answered About Park Guell to Sagrada Familia Tours
A. The distance between Park Guell and Sagrada Familia is about 3 kilometres.
A. You can take the metro; take blue line L5 to Diagonal station, and from here, take a green link L3 to Vallcarca, a 12-minute walk away from Park Guell. Or you can take bus V19 from Psseig de Sant Joan, and alight at Ramiro de Maeztu - C N Catalunya, a 2-minute walk away from Park Guell. If you opt for a guided combo tour, it will include transfers between the two attractions.
A. The price of Park Guell and Sagrada Familia combo tickets start at €79.
A. Yes, Park Guell and Sagrada Familia combo tours are available. You can buy your Park Guell & Sagrada Familia tickets online.
A. You can buy your Park Guell & Sagrada Familia tickets online.
A. The Park Guell and Sagrada combo tour takes approximately 3 hours.
A. The starting ticket price for the Park Guell and Sagrada Familia combo tour is €79.
A. No, food is not included in the tour.
A. Yes, the tour guide is available in multiple languages including English, French and Spanish. Bilingual options are also available.
A. Yes, you can get a full refund on canceling this ticket up to 24 hours before the schedule.